Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sunday Social

I don't normally link up with Sunday Social, but this week's questions caught my eye and sparked my reflective nature.  Even if you don't link up, these are some thought-provoking questions.  I encourage you to submit your ponderings to the link-up with Neely at A Complete Waste of Makeup as well!


What is your ideal way to relax?


Well, I would be sitting at home, either in the living room or, as I am now, stretched out in bed, listening to the sounds around me.  It might sound crazy to some that I enjoy listening to footsteps in the stairwell, screaming babies, and doors slamming shut, but I do.  Among the sounds of musicians practicing, pots and pans clanking during the production of a big meal, and low conversation and laughter.  It makes me feel like part of it all, somehow, being witness to all the lives bustling on around me.



Where is your favorite place to be?

Well, home, obviously.



Who do you consider your biggest role model?

John Lennon, I suppose.  To me, he always seemed to radiate wisdom, calm, and humility.



What does your life look like in 3 years?

I can't even imagine my life three years from now.  Which is fantastic.  Who wants to know what the future has to hold?  I hope to still be living in this apartment - I really do love this apartment, can you tell? - with maybe a few painted walls and a little more artwork hung.  I hope to be healthy.  I would love some insurance, please and thank you.  Other than that, I would love for this, my current state of existence, to continue on for the next three years!



If you could go back and change one decision what would it be?

I'm going to have to be vague here and say I would always choose to love.  I would have been nicer to my parents when growing up.  I would have tried to enjoy things more.  I would have kept my head down less in fear and leaned back more in enjoyment.  I would have chosen to love my life instead of worrying so much about it.



What is your biggest accomplishment in life thus far?

Moving to New York City, certainly.  Making a go of it and bringing to life this amazing dream of sitting in my apartment alone and listening to the activity around me - and loving it.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading your answers...how did I somehow know you lived in NYC even before you said so? I was literally picturing Carrie Bradshaw's apartment! :)) Swinging by from the link up!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...