Friday, November 30, 2012

Fill-in-the-Blank Friday!


1. The best way to spread Christmas cheer is   ooof.  I hate Will Ferrell movies.  I'm sorry.  I can't stand his smugness.  I treat everyone the same no matter what.  But I may cop to wearing a bit more glitter in the coming month.

2. The holiday season is   depressing.  It's always stressful and has negative associations for me.  I try to do my best not to bring anyone else down during this time but it's really hard.  I feel like I'm walking on eggshells around my own memories.

3. When it comes to holiday decorating...   minimalist.  I have lights up year 'round, but I may put up some tinsel or something.  It calls to mind the lazy decorating a frat house might do.

4. The thing I look forward to most about the holidays is   the decorations going up around town.  But not always.  Sometimes they make me really sad.  Like I said, walking on eggshells. 

5. My favorite holiday tradition is   I don't really have one.  I liked going home, but that won't be possible this year, so I'll have to make new traditions for myself.

6. This year my Christmas plans include   spoiling my friends and flatmate with presents, mailing off cards, and maybe stealing someone closer to me to spend Christmas with them.  I might just be alone on Christmas though, to reflect, since like I said, I don't want to bring anyone down.

7. My favorite holiday food is   finally, a question that doesn't depress me!  My family sometimes makes tempura on Christmas eve - deep-fried vegetables and soy dipping sauce.  Of course, being depressing again, I won't be home for this.

1 comment:

  1. Finally someone who's not super-duper-crazy-freaky excited by holiday season.
    I usually am but this year, well it's a whole different story.

    Oh, and Tempura are the best!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...