Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Seven Things Link-Up!




Boo! 
Gentri Lee is bringing back her Seven Questions Link Up party for Halloween!  Go join in and have some spooky  linky fun!


1. Do you believe in ghosts?

As a ghost tour guide, I don't think I should say.  My job is to remain impartial, and to encourage open-mindedness.  I change my mind all the time.  You should be free to do so at your leisure.


2. Do you prefer the cute or the scary Halloween?

The cute, oh please, the cute.  My life is scary enough.  I want funny, witty costumes.  Leave the scaring to me...as the ghost tour guide.  See above.


3. How old were you when you stopped trick or treating?

I trick-or-treated for charity in my freshman year of high school.  So, 14?  I think.


4. Do you have any fun Halloween traditions?

I really, REALLY love watching old black-and-white horror movies and eating candy at home on Halloween night.  Call me crazy, but to me it's sweet.  I started in high school, I can still remember sitting down in the basement with all the coconut candy bars my brothers had rejected from their stashes, doing music theory homework and watching the silent Phantom of the Opera.  In college, I watched the AMC Halloween marathon while studying for my history midterm, Ashton at my side, eating Halloween Oreos (far superior to their yearlong counterparts).  Later on, I was deathly ill on Halloween, wrapped in blankets on the couch, watching the same channel nonstop, barely able to rouse myself from illness to carve a pumpkin to cheer me up.  That's probably what I'll do this Halloween...unless you want to invite me to your party!


5. Share a scary local urban legend.

I don't tell my ghost stories for free!  But I can tell you about the ghost back at my college theatre:

Once, I was taking a nap backstage on a couch between class and rehearsal.  The door was locked behind me and I was alone in the theatre.  I fell asleep on my side with my hair over my face.  I woke up what felt like hours later when someone brushed my hair away from my eyes.  I thought the doors had been unlocked to let the next group in.  I had only been asleep for minutes, and was still alone - the door still locked.

A while later, during a show, I was sitting backstage silently waiting for a cue.  I felt someone put their hands on my shoulders.  Trying to turn the tables on them, I waited for a while than whipped around quickly - and found again, no one was there.

As far as ghosts go, this one seemed pretty benign, maybe even a little sweet.


6. Would you rather be haunted or haunting?

Haunting, definitely.  I would be so creative.  None of that slamming doors ho-hum.  I'd hide your cellphone in a block of ice.  Play with the heater.  All kinds of cool stuff.


7. What's your favorite Halloween character/ creature? (dracula, witch, ghost, etc)

I love me a good carved pumpkin.  I usually just do mine to look like Charlie Brown's in It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!.  It's not Halloween unless I watch that short - another tradition! - and quote along with it, word for word.  "You didn't tell me you were gonna kill it!"  And cry when Snoopy cries at the music and gets lost.  That is so sad to me!



1 comment:

  1. I'm all about the movies on Halloween as well. I think that's awesome went out trick-or-treating for charity. I had no idea we did that.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...