Friday, July 27, 2012

Fill-in-the-Blank Friday: SGR



1.  I am  single for the first time in nearly 7 years.  That was hard to say.  I'm having a hard time talking about it, it's been a tough three weeks going from having a wonderful partner in life I thought I was going to grow old with to being kicked out of my apartment and seeing my life as one big question mark.  I have never felt so hurt in my entire life, and I can't hide it anymore from my blog family.  Thank you all for laughing alongside me in the good times, I'm sorry to burden you with my sad news.

2.   I have always   wanted to live in New York City.  I'm not going to give up on my life just because I'm going through therapy, a breakup, and finding an apartment in the city is so difficult that it's been a running joke for decades .


3.  I hope to  find my passion and dive into work that I enjoy and find fulfillment in.  OH, and find a new apartment I can afford, and ideally a roommate because I hate living alone.

4. I can survive.  I found the apartment I'm living in now, I can find a new one, right?  Right.  I can sleep on an air mattress and live out of boxes.

5. I dream of  months or years later when I can be my own person, apart from all the hurt and emotions I have right now.  I dream of forgetting the good times and making good times of my own.

6. The way to my heart is  troubled.  I don't know if it's possible to trust anyone, because years later they may tell you they don't love you anymore and laugh about it.

7.  I am passionate about  proving that I have something to offer, and am not just a millstone.  Making something awesome of my life.  Living to the fullest and not being angry.  Continuing to blog.  Facing my fears with fresh perspective and coming out the better for it.


Linking up with Lauren at The Little Things We Do
And in case you were wondering,
"SGR" stands for "Shit Got Real."

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about your break up :(

    Come to NY! It's the best place for a fresh start :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your breakup, and especially because it sounds like it ended pretty badly. A lot of people will probably tell you not to be sad, that you can find someone better and a number of other things you probably don't want to hear but they think will make you feel better. I say, be sad. There's nothing wrong with it. What's happening has turned the life you knew upside down. You're allowed to mourn for that life. You'll come out the other side of this, and you'll be okay. You'll be better than okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just know you're loved all the way over here in Ohio. Nothing makes break-ups easy but I say cheesy break-up mixes and carbohydrates all the way. I am so, so sorry. I can't imagine how hurt you must be. Thinking really good apartment-hunting and ex-boyfriend-punching thoughts for you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...