|In Paris, in pajamas.|
1. Would you rather have your life be a constant vacation or always stay home?
Constant vacation. The four weeks I spent bouncing around Europe were some of the happiest of my life. Even Eli has told me he's never seen me so at peace as when we were in Paris. I always get really nervous about traveling (even three hours away to visit family) but for some reason, I felt totally safe in a foreign land, surrounded by strangers, an ocean away from normality where I didn't speak the language. As if my troubles couldn't follow me through customs?
2. What is your favorite book? (it can be any book! cook book, picture book, whatever!)
I always find myself picking up my copy of Eccentric Glamour: Creating and Insanely More Fabulous You by Simon Doonan. It's over-the-top and frivolous but so affirming and sweet, it's like talking to a best friend.
3. You have to be on a reality tv show- which would you chose?
I want to be on RuPaul's Drag Race SO BAD! But I am, sadly, a woman... Although some contestants have alluded to this other show, "RuPaul's Best Friend Race" and I think I would make an excellent candidate!
4. What is your favorite form of exercise? (running, zumba, step, etc)
Walking? Is simple perambulation considered exercise? What if you do it for like, seven miles over city streets? Then you deserve ice cream...right?
5. What is one thing that you've never tried but are CONVINCED you hate? (foods, activities, etc)
I make it a point to try everything so, wow. I've given Brooklyn a reprieve, I still can't stomach cantaloupe, I've watched a full hour of Mad Men just to be sure. But I've never really spent a whole DAY in flip-flops, because they look so damn uncomfortable, so I guess it's the Devil's Toe Thongs that I harbor irrational fear and hatred for.
6. Do you have any hidden talents?
I can tie a cherry stem into a knot with my tongue. It's not hard. I can also cross my arms and put them over my head... and I know a couple magic tricks, like how to swallow a balloon. Maybe I'll make a video of my own personal freak show sometime! Anyone interested?
7. What's the best prank you've ever pulled?
The ol' rubber band on the sink sprayer...classic. Simple, but effective, and always unexpected.